Friday, February 15, 2008

SCHOOL MUST BE BUSY!!


This is at our weekend board review course. It is pretty obvious we all wanted to die. It was Fri-Sun 8-6. The good thing is we survived.




This is Jess and I. Our patients canceled. So we spent the day playing "quest for the uvula" Only in dental hygiene school my friends!!! I won by the way!
This is me kicking it in the OLD SCHOOL chairs at Waltersville. They just barely got some slightly updated chairs installed. The new ones actually are powered by electricity!!



This is our Valentines party and my good friend Jess.
This is my group looking distressed after waiting 2 hours for our pizza!! WAY TO REPRESENT CT!! HOLLA BACK!

And the Mormons stick together as Jill helps me fix my bra!! Never a dull moment here!

So it was brought to my attention (Rachy) that my blog has not been updated since DECEMBER!! School classes aren't nearly as busy as last semester. However preparing for my national board exams has consumed me!!!! The reality that school is ending is actually really frightening. It is definitely a love hate relationship. Anyways the rotation I am on right now is at Waltersville elementary school. Many schools in CT have in house dental hygienists. Then the kids get pulled out of class for routine prophy's and exams. It is pretty crazy to see how much decay exists in this population. And how it continues to be ignored by the "guardians". If it continues to be overlooked we have an obligation to report to DCF for child neglect. Last weekend I volunteered at Yale dental clinic. They had free cleanings for the battered womens shelter. The woman I spent most of the time with had been hospitalized 5 times. Had a broken jaw, orbit, strangulation marks on her throat, internal bleeding of the abdomen to name a few. Crazy to see first hand that these situations exist. After that I went to UNH (University of New Haven) to volunteer at give your child a smile day. It was packed with people who were there to get free dental care. Other than that my normal clinic days at school are going good. I'm a magnet for the crazy patient but it keeps it entertaining to say the least. My national boards are 1 month away!! Yesterday we had a little pizza/valentines day party at the elementary school b/c the kids didn't want to come to the dentist. So we are getting cleaned up to eat and I notice feeling a little "free" in the right chest region. Hahahh my bra totally broke! Thank goodness for a safety pin!!! So I'm just going to attach a few pictures from clinic and stuff to give you a look. Talk to you soon!!!

No comments: